I know what you’re thinking. Brownies? With Peppermint? AND ganache? Damn Girl! These look pretty legit right? Thursday is the last day of work before the holidays (2 weeks!) so I thought I’d spread some holiday cheer throughout the workplace by whipping up a batch of these.
(Candy Cane) Peppermint Patty Brownies
Makes about 30 or 6. Depending on how bad your PMS is
Adapted from How Sweet It Is
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 5 tablespoons crushed candy cane (or more if you like it really pepperminty)
- 3.5 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 2.5 tablespoons heavy cream
Preheat oven to 350. Grease an 8×8 baking pan.
Mix butter, vanilla and sugar together, whisk it up. Whisk in eggs one at a time. Then add flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda. Make sure not to over mix it though (it’s the death of brownies!). Stir in chocolate chips. Spread it into the pan and bake for about 25-30 minutes until it’s set. Then pull it out and let it cool completely.
Next, make the peppermint…icing? Mix (using a mixer) all the ingredients together until you get an icing like consistency When the brownies are cooled, pour this over top and put in the fridge (or outside if it’s cold) for 30 minutes to set.
Then heat up your cream (I just microwaved mine for a few seconds) and pour over the chopped chocolate. Stir it up until it’s nice and smooth. Then pour this over the set and cooled brownie and peppermint layer. Pop it in the fridge again for about 15 minutes until the ganache has set and then you can finally dig in.
Warning: these definitely require a rather large glass of milk to go with them.